Tires blowing out is pretty common. If your tires have blown out and you need help, there are certain things you should know about. When you are on the road and you are driving, you want to be in control of your vehicle at all times. When the tire explodes, it can make you feel highly flustered.
Reasons Why Tire Blowouts Happen
- The Temperatures are Too High: This is the main reason why tire blow out happens. When the weather is too hot and the temperatures are soaring, tires can get blown up frequently. The heat causes expansion of the air inside the tires and this can cause them to explode.
- Poor Maintenance: This is another reason why it happens. If your tires are not maintained properly or given the care they need, the chances of them blowing out are high.
- Old Tires: Getting tires replaced when the time comes is not just something tire companies tell us to increase their sales. It happens to be one of the safest things to do to keep yourself and your passengers safe. When the tires are too old and haven’t been replaced for a long time, you are putting yourself at significant risk of a blowout.
Even if you don’t replace them, getting your batteries checked after every 6000 miles they run is crucial for safety on the road.
- Punctures: You can have a puncture by driving over a couple of nails and you may fail to notice it for months on end. This can result in your tire exploding out of nowhere leaving you scared and worried.
- Roads are Damaged: If you frequently drive over badly damaged roads, it can cause a blowout after a while. Debris and potholes are the enemies of tires and when you drive over them a lot, it can result in an explosion.
- Manufacturer’s Defect: The company manufacturing the tire may have produced a defective piece and it may blow out without much previous indication.
Who is Responsible?
When you have a blown tire, it can seem significantly worrisome. Don’t panic and instead keep driving until you reach a safe place on the side of the road. This will prevent any further incidents and you can get yourself and your passengers to safety.
If you have been in an accident because of a tire blowout, hiring a personal injury attorney is a good idea. Injuries suffered as a result of the accident will have the medical bills piling up and even if that is not the case, can result in significant costs when you try replacing the tires. With necessary compensation, you can be assured that your safety on the road is never compromised with new tires that are paid for.
A lawyer who has significant experience in dealing with tire blowouts and the resulting consequences will be able to tell you the best course of action to take when such a thing happens.