We are all looking for the best travel gadgets and accessories that we can take with us on our trips without taking up a lot of room in our luggage or carry on. But what is available, and where do we find them? I have provided some of the items that you could use during your traveling to make your vacation much more pleasant. You may not need them on every trip, but you may need some of them on other flights in the future.
- Electronics: Some of the places that you travel to may have more power outages and electrical surges than other countries. Could damage some of the electrical devices that you brought along on the trip. Such a bad experience can Be avoided with a mini-surge protector. I find that the Belkin 3-Outlet Surge Protector is perfect because it has three outlets and two USB ports for your USB devices. It is also compact and easy for packing.
- Universal Travel Adapter: Of course, there are concerns that the outlets may be different than in your country so that you may also need a Universal Travel Adapter. With the Universal Travel Adapter, you have most countries’ outlets covered by plugging the adapter into the wall outlet with the appropriate plugs. Then you connect your device or the surge protector into this adapter. Using this adapter is more convenient than buying a single usable adapter for a particular country and then another adapter for a different country. It is an all-in-one adapter. It will take up less space in your packing.
- International Transformer: If the power output is different in the country you are visiting then your own country, you may also need a travel-sized transformer. Make sure you get the right one. Some transformers convert 220/240v to 110/120v, such as the Travel Smart by Conair 50-Watt International Transformer and transformers that convert 110/120v to 220/240v, such as Travel Smart by Conair 50-Watt Reverse Transformer. These transformers are also small in size and can easily fit in your luggage or carry on. If you want to book cheap flight tickets, then visit Delta Airlines Reservations sites to save your time and money.
- RAV Power 23000mAh: If you have many such electronic devices such as iPhones, iPods, etc., then you will probably need an external battery charger that will charge your devices when you are not at a location to plug in your devices to recharge them. You will want one that can fill your needs until you get to a hotel room where you can then use the wall outlets. The RAV Power 23000mAh has such abilities and can charge two devices at once (it has 2 USB ports) at maximum speeds. There is even an additional multi-voltage port (9V/12V/16V/19V/20V) for devices that may require that. Could It also fit in your pocket or purse?
- Web/GPS Enabled QR Tag: You probably use tags on your luggage with your name, address, phone number, and maybe even your email written on the label. Anyone can see this information. Now that we are in the electronic age, this information can be kept private. With the use of a trackable luggage tag such as a Dynotag® Web/GPS Enabled QR Tag, you can now have all the information kept private. You set up the information in the cloud of Dynotag with the code provided with the tag by activating an account. The QR code can scan, and then with the information you provided, your luggage can be sent to where you are at the moment rather than your home address that you used on the old manual luggage tags. With the use of GPS, any device can scan the card & send the location of your luggage to your account. Welcome to the 21st century.
- Garmin nüvi 2589LMT: One more electronic gadget that can help is a GPS navigator if you plan to rent a car at your destination or plan a vacation by car. I find that I have become so dependent on them that I haven’t used a map in years. I have used one that fits all my needs, which is a Garmin Nuvi 2589LMT. You can check the review that I have posted in my blog for more details.
- Security: Technology is advancing every day. Credit cards were not even plastic at one time. Now they have magnetic strips, and even more recently, they are adding chips to the cards now. RFID (radio-frequency identification) chips now added to many items, including credit cards, passports, and identification cards. The purpose is to read information from the card wirelessly quickly. That’s right, and the map doesn’t even have to be taken out of your pocket. The downside is that there is technology available to thieves that can scan information from your cards wirelessly without knowing it. It is called RFID skimming. RFID skimming can present a big problem when traveling & help is on the way. With an RFID Wallet, you can carry your cards in them, which will block the signals and protect you from theft. It is becoming an almost must-have item in your travel gadgets.
- Travel Organizers: We all need to carry various toiletries on our trip. I used to pack them in plastic ziplock bags to prevent leakage from getting into other items in my luggage. Now I use a travel toiletries bag which is very efficient in space with compartments for various products. It is also water-resistant. It even has a hook and handles for easy hanging on towel racks or shower rods. The organization is a plus, and I usually function right out of the bag.
- Compression Packing Cubes are another accessory that can keep the size of your luggage down. You would be amazed how much can pack in these compression cube sets. With careful planning, you can pack all you need in a size that will qualify for carrying on, thereby giving you the freedom of not having to check in your luggage (not to mention that there may be a fee for checked baggage)—travel light and smart.
- Comfort: When traveling on a long trip by plane, it can be hard to sleep if you are tired. Some people do well while sitting up, but I have a problem with this. A comfortable travel pillow is a great help & the Travelrest Travel Pillow is easy to pack and very pleased. I like the long Ultimate Travel Pillow, which provides full lateral support. Don’t be taken back by its size. It is a blow-up pillow and can easily be stored deflated until you are ready to use it. Its excellent design fits across the torso or down the side. Of course, the Ultimate Memory Foam Travel Pillow is also available for those who prefer that type. This one has memory foam for comfortable support. Both are easy to pack.
These are a few ideas on the best travel gadgets and accessories. There are always new products available every day to make our travel life more comfortable. I would enjoy any items that you would like to share with our other readers and me. Happy Traveling!