There are many viola rentals available today. It’s an excellent way for aspiring musicians to try various instruments without committing to a purchase. Whether you’re an aspiring violinist who wants to learn the viola or a proficient player who wants to upgrade your instrument, renting a viola can offer you various options. This article discusses the benefits of renting a viola, how viola rental works, and shares some tips before you rent one.
Many musicians are not open to or afraid of renting instruments. But did you know that it can offer some benefits? Look at the following.
Access to a variety of viola types and brands
Viola rentals are the best way to go if you want to explore different types and brands. When renting an instrument, specifically the viola, you can see and try out one type to another. You’ll also get to feel what it’s like to play some particular brands while checking out their sound quality and craftsmanship.
It is helpful for those planning to have their instrument. Rental programs or shops can also assist you on how you can find the instrument that best suits your playing style and preferences.
Ability to try out different sizes and styles
For beginners or aspiring viola players, it’s tough to decide on the size of the instrument. You can’t just purchase a small or bigger one just because you think it’s right for you. In this case, you might consider visiting viola rentals to try out violas of different sizes and styles. It will help you see which instrument best suits your physical frame, playing style, and personal preferences.
Cost-effective option for beginners
Starting a music journey can be expensive, especially if you need to purchase an instrument like the viola. If you’re a beginner, we recommend renting the viola first, as it’s cost-effective. You don’t have to commit too much money just to play the viola. Instead, rentals allow you to experiment and see which particular viola type and size is right for you. This way, you’ll know what to purchase when the time comes.
How Viola Rentals Work
Most viola rentals collaborate with a rental company or a music store to hold their rental programs. There are six primary steps on how you can rent a viola.
- Choosing a rental program that suits your needs. Get a program that caters to the type of viola you need, has flexible rental terms, and has various rental options. You can ask the rental company about their programs.
- Selecting a viola that fits your needs and personal preferences, such as materials and brand. Some companies also offer accessories rental.
- Providing your payment and information, which is not that expensive and won’t hurt your pockets.
- Receiving the viola, which can either be delivered to your address or you may need to pick it up from their partnered music store near you.
- Once you receive the viola, you can now enjoy it. Just be mindful of the terms and reminders the rental company gave you. The instrument is your full responsibility, and you must take care of it.
- Once the rental period is done, it’s time to return the viola. Do not forget to return it on time and in a good state so you avoid additional charges.
Tips for Renting a Viola
Renting a viola can be scary at first, especially for beginners. But don’t worry, because here are some tips you can take.
- Know your needs before renting a viola. It includes the size, your playing style, and your skill level.
- Do your research. Always start hunting rental programs online. You can compare and contrast rental programs near you to determine the one that fits your needs.
- Check the condition of the instrument before renting it. Inspect it for any possible scratches, cracks, warps, or dents that could negatively impact the sound.
- Consider getting rental insurance to protect you from any potential damage or loss to the instrument while it’s in your hands.
- Take good care of the instrument. Clean and maintain it regularly to ensure it’s in good condition.
Renting the viola is not a scary idea to try, after all. It’s, in fact, a cost-effective and practical way to enjoy playing music with a quality instrument without breaking the bank. With access to a wide range of viola types, brands, sizes, and styles, you can surely determine the one best fitted to your needs and skills. Once you’re ready to get a rental program, be sure to follow the tips above.