How to set up Spectrum Voicemail
Voicemail is perhaps one of the most important inventions. According to the Global State of Multichannel Customer Service Report shared by Microsoft, the telephone remains to be a popular customer service channel in the United States (81%). It is followed closely by email (78%). Considering this statistic, it is safe to say that voicemail still holds the same importance today as before. Besides just being an answering machine, this service can be used in a variety of ways. For instance, it can brief the customers about the company news or can keep them informed about the business hours. At the same time, many households also use voicemail to convey messages to the callers if they are unavailable.
Some Steps to Set Up Your Spectrum Voicemail
The Spectrum phone service is just as incredible as Spectrum internet. It allows you to have uninterrupted telephonic conversations with your loved ones no matter where they are located. Plus, there are no hidden taxes or fees. If you have subscribed to the network, then you can easily install the voicemail service. All you have to do is follow these simple steps.
How to Use Your Home Phone to Set Up Spectrum Voicemail
Here is how to set up Spectrum voicemail from your home phone
- Take your home phone and dial *98
- You can now enter your home phone number’s last four digits. This will be your pin for now. You can change it whenever you want.
- Dial the four-digit pin when asked and then press #. Please note that you may be asked to enter the same pin again. This will be for confirmation purposes.
- You will then be asked to state your name. Once you have, press #.
Use Voice Zone to Skip Entering Your PIN
Once the above-mentioned process is complete, you can access your voicemail messages. However, every time that you do so, you will be asked to enter the pin. This can be avoided by using Voice Zone. Here is how it can be done.
- Login to your account
- Click on the Phone Icon. This will redirect you to Voice Zone.
- Go to Voicemail Settings and hit Edit.
- Now head to the Voicemail PIN option.
- You will then need to check off the Pin Skip box.
- Hit Save Changes.
This will do the trick and you will no longer have to enter the pin to access the messages in your voicemail.
How to Change Your PIN?
You can change the four-digit PIN that you created earlier for activating your voicemail service. Here is how you can do that.
- Enter the credentials to login into your account
- Hit the Phone Icon and you will be taken to Voice Zone.
- Select Voicemail Settings and click Edit.
- Hit the Voicemail PIN settings option.
- Now, go to Change My Voicemail PIN and create your new PIN code.
- Press Save Changes.
Listen & Delete Your Spectrum Voicemail
If you wish to listen to your Spectrum voicemail then simply dial *98 from your phone and listen to the instructions carefully. You can also listen to the voicemail from another device such as your smartphone. For this, open your Spectrum account and click on the Phone Icon. Hit the Voicemail tab. You can now listen to your messages.
You can also delete a message from your voicemail. To do this, all you have to do is press 3. If you are listening to your voicemail from another device then simply press X to delete the message.
Read Your Voicemail
Spectrum also allows users to read their voicemails. What this means is that your voicemail message will be transcribed into text which you can either receive via SMS or email. Please note that these transcripts will only be of the first 45 seconds. Here is how you can set up a readable voicemail.
- Log in to your Spectrum account
- Head to the Voice Zone by clicking the Phone Icon.
- Select Voicemail settings and then hit Edit.
- Now go to Readable Voicemail.
- You will then be required to check off the option Transcribe My Voicemail Messages.
- If you want to receive the transcribed file via mail then enter your email address in the space provided and click Add.
- If you want to be notified via text on your mobile then select your service provider and enter your number in the space provided. Now hit Add.
- Click Save Changes.
Remember that the transcribed messages will only be of the first few seconds. If you want to get the transcribes of the entire message then you will have to listen to them in their entirety.
Save Spectrum Voicemail to Your Computer
Did you know that you can save your Spectrum Voicemail to your computer? It is possible and here’s how you can do it!
- Enter your credentials and login into your Spectrum account.
- Now, head to the Voice Zone by hitting the Phone Icon.
- Select Voicemail Settings and press Edit.
- You will now need to open Voicemail Settings.
- Select Download.
- Now, checkoff the audio file checkbox and hit download.
- Once the download is complete, you can open the file and then save it on your computer.
Whether it is Spectrum TV, internet, or phone, the company never compromises on the quality of their service. This is why they are among the most trusted brands in the United States. With its phone service, Spectrum makes life easier for the users by offering them the ability to transcribe their voicemail or allowing them to save it on the computer. If you didn’t know how to set up your voicemail then, hopefully, this article will help you out with that.