IIMs in India are known for their highest quality of management education. These management degrees and courses available in IIMs are mostly postgraduate management courses. 2 IIMs have started undergraduate management courses like BBA. Students after completing BBA course will get direct admission to those particular IIMs.
IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore are the IIMs that have started a 5 year Integrated Management course where students will be able to get into IIM after class 12th. The students will come out of the college with a BBA as well as MBA Degree. Students have the option of selecting a different PG course after completion of BBA.
BBA in IIMs: Fee structure
Both the IIMs offering BBA course have their own fee structures and the same has been illustrated below separately:
|Year||IIM Indore||IIM Rohtak|
|1st Year (BBA)||INR 4,00,000||INR 4,51,000|
|2nd Year (BBA)||INR 4,00,000||INR 4,51,000|
|3rs Year (BBA)||INR 4,00,000||INR 4,51,000|
|4th Year (MBA)||INR 8,00,000||INR 7,60,000|
|5th Year (MBA)||INR 8,00,000||INR 7,60,000|
BBA in IIMs Admission Process
- Firstly, interested candidates need to fill out the application form available online on the official website of IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak (in the month of Feb, every year).
- Candidates are selected based on their performance in the Aptitude test and their academics in their highest qualification for the next round of selection.
- Final selection of the candidates is done by calculating the cumulative scores obtained by the candidates in the following manner (same for both the institutes): Aptitude Test: 50 marks; Writing Ability: 35 marks and Personal Interview: 15 marks
Candidates can fill out the application form by paying a fee of INR 4,130 (for general candidates) and INR 2,065 (for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates) via any online mode of transfer.
After the application form is submitted successfully, candidates will receive an update regarding their credentials and the hall ticket which makes them eligible for appearing in the Aptitude test. The aptitude test conducted has a different format for both the IIMs.
BBA in IIMs: Eligibility criteria
Interested students should satisfy the below mentioned criteria to be considered eligible to apply for the BBA course offered in the IIMs, failing any of the below mentioned criteria candidate’s admission shall be risked:
- Candidates willing to apply for the integrated BBA+MBA course should not be more than 21 years of age at the time of application. However, there is an age relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PwD).
- Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board in the country; but, there is a relaxation of 5% in the marks obtained by the candidates belonging to the reserved categories.
BBA in IIMs: Syllabus
The 5-year integrated course is further divided into 15 terms i. e. 3 terms each year with a duration of 3 months each. Out of the total duration of the integrated course, the initial 3 years will be dedicated to intensive learning of the subjects included in the BBA course syllabus, and the last 2 years shall be dedicated to the MBA course. In addition to classroom teaching, there will be an opportunity for the candidates to undergo an internship which will provide an insight into real-world experience.
|Accounts||Computer application in finance||Corporate étiquettes|
|Business history||Integral calculus||Principles of marketing|
|Web-based development||Visual analysis||Technology trends in business|
|Stochastics processes||Presentation skills||Community mental health|
|Bank management||Critical thinking and writing skills||Creative writing and Public speaking|
|Industrials relations||IT applications||IT & systems|
|Linear management||Calculus||Foreign Language (as per choice)|
|Business communications||Organization behaviour||Industry interface program|
|Legal aspects of the business||Sustainability||Strategic management|
|Quantitative techniques||Spreadsheet modeling||Presentation skills|
|Leadership||Financial accounting and control||Entrepreneurial orientation|
|Control marketing||Managerial accounting||Marketing|
If the candidate aspires to pursue an MBA from a recognised institute such as the IIMs, it is the best decision to obtain an admission in the same through the BBA course. This is because candidates can escape the difficulties they face after clearing the CAT exam. In addition to this, candidates will get more opportunities for internships and practical knowledge, unlike the other institutes that focus primarily on the theoretical approach.