Following an accident in Toledo, you may have a long road to recovery, which also means spending huge on your medical bills. You will probably also miss work, which can add to the losses. If the accident happened due to another party’s reckless action, you could file an injury claim. However, it can take considerable effort and time to recover a settlement. Your best bet is to contact the top lawyers of Groth & Associates to get a free review of your claim. In this post, let’s discuss the five common personal injury claims in Toledo.
- Car accidents: Road mishaps often lead to severe consequences in Ohio. If you were hurt in a car wreck that wasn’t your fault, you should talk to an accident lawyer immediately. Depending on the circumstances, you may recover money for your medical bills, lost wages, and other consequential losses.
- Trucking Accidents: Commercial trucks and eighteen-wheelers are often responsible for the worst mishaps on the roads of Toledo. Finding fault or determining liability can be a challenging task, given that the trucking company or the loading service could be a party to your claim. Look for an attorney who has experience handling trucking accidents.
- Dog Bite Injuries: Dogs are friendly animals, but it is not rare to hear of cases involving dog bites. If the owner acted negligently or didn’t take enough care to prevent the accident from happening, they could be liable for the injuries endured by the victim. Before the other party works on their defense, get an attorney on your side.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: Nothing is worse than getting injured on the job. While the workers’ compensation system is meant to compensate injured workers, insurance companies can often make things complicated. If your work injury claim was denied or you are unsure of how to get started, call an attorney without delay.
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuits: Cases involving medical malpractice are often hard to prove, and you could end up in a situation where you are unable to nail the negligent physician or hospital. Call an experienced attorney soon after the discovery of your injury to file a medical negligence claim.
Personal injury claims may have a similar premise, but the approach for each case needs to be unique. Make sure you act immediately after a mishap to recover a fair settlement for your injuries. Most lawyers will be happy to fight your claim on a contingency fee.